This is a great workout that targets all the major muscle groups while not over-stressing any one muscle group. It combines both arm, leg, and core work into a tough circuit routine.
Just like always, do each exercise as many times as you can in 1 minute. Do all 8 exercises with minimal rest in between and then take a min or two break. Do 3 sets of the exercises.
1. Deadlifts (these are a typical Crossfit exercise… basically lifting a weight from the floor)
3. Dumbell chest press
4. Squat press (you can help push the dumbells up using the momentum as you come up from your squat)
5. Pull ups
6. Plank push ups
7. Single leg wall sits (30 sec each side)
8. Sit ups (with a medicine ball. make sure the ball comes all the way over your head and touches the floor)
Here’s another great circuit workout. It was particularly tough on the arms and the core. Good luck.
As with all the circuits… do the exercises for 1 min and do the circuit three times with minimal rest between exercises and between circuits.
1. Lat pull ups (you can either use a TRX style apparatus with grips or just use a bar a couple feet above the ground with your feet out in front of you)
2. Box jumps
3. Incline pushups (with feet up on something sturdy about 1 ft high)
4. Walking lunges holding weights overhead
5. High plank with opposite arm and leg balance (from a high push up position raise your right hand out in front of you and your left leg up, switch sides)
6. Sit ups with a medicine ball (we do them with 12 lbs, bring the ball completely over your head to the ground when you go down)
7. Single leg wall sits (holding a weight shoulder height in front of you… try 10 lbs for starters)
8. Mountain climbers